Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
I am proud to announce that I have received my very first blog award! After receiving this award, you must do the following:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate up to 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award
My nominees are as follows:
1. Iryna at A Garden of Books ( http://www.gardenofbooksa.blogspot.com/). Okay, so she's the one who gave me the award. But I think she deserves it right back.
2. Serena at Under The Hollywood Sun (site http://www.thehollywoodsun.blogspot.com/). She is VERY experienced in "the show biz" and is just the person to visit if you ever need to know the anniversary of the Titanic. Or the latest Hollywood gossip.
3. The Evil Ones at 3 Evil Cousins (http://www.3evilcousins.blogspot.com/). This site has a really cool layout, and great reviews. Go check it out.
4. Jen at 50 for Jen ( http://www.50forjen.blogspot.com/). Thank you for becoming my second follower!
Thank you again to Iryna at A Garden of Books for nominating me for this award!
Friday, April 3, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
I also thought that the imprinting thing was kind of neat. The whole concept of the fact that you only exist for the person you imprinted on is pretty cool. Again, as a Team Edward fan, I am relieved that Jacob does not imprint on Bella. I mean, Edward is so much better! And, no offense to you "Team Jacob" people out there, but he can act like a real idiot. Okay, so Edward has some weak points too. . . but not as much as Jacob.
But this was no dream, and, unlike the nightmare, I wasn't running for my life; I was racing to save something infinitely more precious. My own life meant little to me today.
Alice had said there was a good chance we would both die here. Perhaps the outcome would be different if she weren't trapped by the brilliant sun; only I was free to run across this bright, crowed square.
And I couldn't run fast enough.
So it didn't matter to me that we were surrounded by our extraordinarily dangerous enemies. As the clock began to toll out the hour, vibrating under the soles of my sluggish feet, I knew I was too late- and I was glad something bloodthirsty waited in the wings. For in failing at this, I forfeited any desire to live.
The clock tolled again, and the sun beat down from the exact centre point of the sky"
Even though I didn't understand the connection until the end, I thought it was a really good way to start the book. The preface in "Twilight" was, no offense, weak.
All in all, I would give this book an A+.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Author: Stephanie Meyer
Bella Swan has just moved to the dreary town of Forks, where she falls in love with a mysterious boy named Edward Cullen. The catch? Edward is . . . a vampire.
I have to say, when I first started reading this book back in December, I wasn't sure what to expect. After all, I don't really like these types of genres. Then why on earth would you continue reading it? Well, at first it was to prove my brother wrong- he was positive that I wouldn't like it. But then I got caught up in the story and was genuinely interested. I personally think it is really interesting: falling in love with a vampire, having to be ever so careful because one moment of lost control could kill Bella... I truly loved reading the series. I think Stephanie Meyer came up with one of the most interesting love tangles in literature history. I also liked how she doesn't portray the vampires as sleep-in-coffins, burned-by-the-sun type; she shows us that vampires actually can live among us. And yes, there is an alternative option to feeding off humans. I also liked how she gave the vampires extra "powers". All in all, using Iryna's method of rating (see gardenofbooksa.blogspot.com) I would give this book an A+. Great job, Stephanie!
Well, I've done it! Done what? I've created my own blog (which you obviously know if you are reading this right now).
I welcome any suggestions, comments, or questions, positive or negative.
I just wanted to remind everybody that my blog is not to be used as an IM board or a way to cyberbully. Of course you knew that already, but people do forget...
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please email me at